Rolling Hills United Methodist Church seeks qualified applicants for the position of Pastor’s Assistant. This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor and provides administrative support. This position also oversees the scheduling and work of the administrative staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs all duties under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
• Schedules appointments for the Senior Pastor.
• Oversees scheduling and work of the administrative staff.
• Prepares third service worship bulletin.
• Reviews Sunday worship attendance and prepares worshiper report for staff meetings and additional reports for the Annual Conference.
• Processes, coordinates, and follows-up on membership records.
• Schedules quarterly new member welcome gatherings.
• Follows up on health updates of parishioners for weekly rounds.
• Reviews incoming bills and assigns them for payment to the bookkeeper.
• Performs all webmaster duties for the church website.
• Prepares and sends email blasts.
• Creates podcasts of the Senior and Associate Pastor’s sermons on iTunes.
• Signs all Parish checks as one of the signers.
• Coordinates new construction activities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Acts as liaison between congregation and Finance Committee for pledges and
Training and experience in the following areas is desired:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum two years administrative experience
• Supervisory experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to deal with people with a variety of needs
• Ability to coordinate events
• Familiarity with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, etc)
• Experience working and/or volunteering in a church setting
Full time position, salary commensurate with experience
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 310-544-4123
Resume must be received by June 3, 2016