Are you an IRA owner and over 70½?
IRA owners who are 70-1/2 or older can make gifts to qualified charities from their IRAs of any amount, up to a maximum of $100,000 per year. Each year RHUMC members and friends choose to support the church’s mission in exactly this way. Here are some helpful things to know:
• Qualified Charitable Distributions count toward the IRA owner’s required minimum distribution for the year.
• Any such gift is not included in taxable income. Since the IRA owner avoids paying tax on the distribution, there is no corresponding charitable deduction.
• IRA owners should review the rules with their tax advisors prior to year-end to determine if they can benefit and to make the best use of this powerful method to support charitable causes, either for 2016 or into the future.
What’s in a Name?
Well, according to the bank, a lot. They are getting more particular about how the checks we deposit are made out. To make life simple, please make checks payable to RHUMC – easier than writing it all out, & very clear.
Thank you so much for your generous support of the mission and ministries of our church! You may offer your support in the traditional manner by contacting our office or by making direct donations online.
Rolling Hills United Methodist Church is happy to now offer a convenient way to offer your support to our ministries with the option of online giving.
Some Guidelines for Online Giving
Password Best Practices
Here is a list of widely-recommended tips for choosing a strong password.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Use a strong password. Characteristics of a strong password include:
- Something that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess
- Creativity—Choose a hobby of yours. i.e. if you enjoy horseback riding, a password could be: Horseride2
- A variety of upper and lower case letters, along with numbers and special characters: HorseRide#3
- An acronym that means something to you, rather than dictionary words: NCAA for a sports fan, mixed with the above suggestions, a strong password could be: NCAAalum08
- Change your password frequently—at least once every three to six months.
- Change your password immediately if you think it has been compromised.
- Do not write your password down or store it on your computer.
- Never send your password by email.
You will be on a secure webpage hosted by Vanco Services, chosen by Rolling Hills United Methodist Church to process online transactions.
The information received from you will only be used to process your transactions and will never be shared with any other party, except as required by law. Your information will be safeguarded in strict compliance with federal standards for nonpublic personal information.
The password you select is also important in protecting your information; keep it secure and follow the best practices suggested here.